Friday, October 21, 2016

charcoal pumpkin artist statement

My goals and intentions in this artwork was to draw the light how I saw it. I accomplished them by using my eraser to bring out the white. What surprised me the most about my experience was how much better my picture looked with a black background rather than grey. My drawing is about how the pumpkin fades into the dark. The most difficult challenge I had to face was erasing to get the light because it was hard to keep everything smooth and blended. How I faced that challenge was by erasing and blending over and over until I got it right. I experienced the shift to my right brain when i covered my background with black and made the pumpkin come out of that rather than drawing the pumpkin on a grey background. My drawing works in the stem. What I have learned that I can bring to my next drawing is started with a pitch black background. Another artist in the class that I learned something from was Lauren, I liked her setup and drawing in general. If I had a do-over, I would've picked another setup and drew at a different angle and more up close. What I feel is the best about my work is the stem.

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much and the shadows are really cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so beautiful and I love how you emphasize the light and the shadows

    ReplyDelete