Thursday, October 6, 2016

Ed Ruscha paper word drawing


My goals for this artwork was to make every letter look smooth and blended. I accomplished those goals by blending as much as I could. What surprised me the most while dong this piece was how hard it is to make each letter look like the actual paper structure. My drawing is about light to dark shadows, as I saw it. I tried to copy exactly how to shadows appeared to me. The most difficult thing I had to face was the lighting. Each day my lighting was a bit off from the day before, so that made me work harder and stay focused on my drawing. I experienced the shift to right brain artistic thinking when I got to position my letters how I wanted to in the beginning. My drawing really works where the light hits the paper letter. What I have learned that I can bring to my next drawing is that it is important to stay consistent with the lighting and shading. In my class, I learned from Ivy that if you really take the time to create the shading just right, you can make the drawing look so real. If I had a do-over, I would of took the time to reset my letters because my word was suppose to be 'breathe' but I couldn't fit the 'e' while taping my letters down, so I went with the word 'breath' instead. What I feel is best about my work is the shading in the letter 't' and 'h'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment